Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Big Trip South: Day 9 - 7th Jan - Waiting for a tyre

I went into Phil's Motorcycles in Putaruru with my rear tyre to get it fixed.
The damage to the inside of the tyre soon became apparent and it was decided that I really needed to buy a new rear tyre. They did not have any tyres that I wanted. I was in no real rush to get back on the road and home, so I decided to order a Mitas E-09 from Palmerston North and get it delivered overnight (about $148 + $9 freight)
Meanwhile I got the bike shop to order in 2 heavy duty 17" rear tubes. One for the bike and as a spare.
I went back to Hawky's and spent some time looking around his farm, doing dishes, cleaning the microwave and just generally chewing the fat.

It was nice to spend a day relaxing on the farm.
Filled up Hawky's ute with petrol $57.76

No comments: