Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Rear Tyre

After the Waikaremoana ride the back tyre was getting close to exposing some canvas.
I knew I would be heading up to Cape Rienga in a weeks time, so I needed to get onto replacing that rear tyre.
At first I decided to go for the Bridgestone Trail Wing 302.
I ordered it online from Cycletreads after much hunting around.
I knew that the importers (Northern Accessories) had none in stock so I was a bit worried that Cycletreads would not be able to fulfill the order.
Time was of the essence so I rang them and chased them up a bit as to the availability.
Meanwhile I had a bit of a read in the KiwiBiker forums.
Clearly the Mitas E-09 was THE GO. I really wanted to cancel my order with Cycletreads.
I got hold of the people at Cycletreads and they confirmed my suspicions that they could not fulfil my order due to no stock in house or at the wholesalers. To be honest this suited me fine.
I rang up LMS in Palmerston North and ordered the E-09.
Next day both tyres were delivered by courier. Meh!

Thursday 13th November 2008. I put the Mitas E-09 on. The odometer read 42,940 km.
This means that I did 2,802 km on the used Kenda that was on it when I bought the bike, 30 days earlier.

No comments: