Monday, December 7, 2009

BMC: Day 8 Wellington to Tauranga - Home.


Wednesday 2nd December 2009

Departed Wellington approx 9:00am
Rode to Wanganui and went along the Whanganui River to Pipiriki. Then over to Raetihi.
After so many miles on the bike, my bum was starting to ache. Usually the ache went away when i got onto gravel roads as I have to continually shift my body weight around on the bike to maintain good steerage. However, I had got to the stage where it was really quite sore.
I did have more adventurous plans to go elsewhere, but due to my aching bum, I decided to take the main roads straight from Raetihi to Tauranga.
I stopped off in Oropi for 15 minutes to see Dave's very recent purchase, an NSR250, and then home to Whakamarama.


Depart Wellington 9:00am odometer 57800km
Arrive Home 5:15pm odometer58392km
592km over 8.25 hours.

No comments: