Sunday, July 4, 2010

60k kms reached


It is the winter months and not too much has been happening with the XT400.
I have been using it for a bit of commuting and general use, nothing particularly adventurous.
I have moved from Whakamarama to Te Puke and have found a fun way to get from Te Puke to Welcome Bay over Rocky Cutting Road which incorporates a tight twisty hilly gravel road.
Today I clocked up 60,000 km on the odometer.

On Sunday night (4th July 2010) I left Wobbly's about 1am at night after watching the Catalunya MotoGP. It was dark/cold/very windy (and windy) and raining, so I took the Rocky Cutting /Reid Road track just to make things a bit more interesting.
The XT seemed to be losing power. This was quite worrying at 1:30 am on a dark wet and windy night on a single lane gravel road. However, I made it home OK. I need to adjust the headlight to point up a bit as it was difficult to see very far ahead in the dark, especially when under brakes with a visor splattered with raindrops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Winton Tuck!!! I thought of your name and Googled it and low and behold your name with motorbikes popped up. How the devil are you??? You're obviously still into bikes which doesn't surprise me - I still remember that hairy bike ride across Sydney Harbour Bridge hanging on for dear life, although you claimed to be completely in control!!! Would love to hear from you - email is sarah.jc@ntlworld.com
Sarah Eaton!!!!! Remember the good old days ...